Are you looking for ‘Best Kani Salad’ near you?
If you are looking for ‘Best Kani Salad Near Me,’ you are on the right platform!
You will not need to work hard to find ‘Nearest Best Kani Salad’ on this platform.
To get the address, distance, and directions from Nearby Best Kani Salad, simply click on the red pin on Google Maps below.
But remember, before deciding to visit ‘Best Kani Salad Near Me’ on Google Maps, verify that the ‘Best Kani Salad Near Me’ displayed on Google Maps is still there. It exists at the given location in Google Maps or not. To ensure this, you can follow the steps given below:-
Step 1: First, click on the icon of ‘Closest Best Kani Salad’ given on the above Google Map about which you want to know.
Step 2: As soon as you click on the icon of ‘Best Kani Salad Near Me,’ a link to ‘View Large Map’ will appear on the top left side of Google Map along with the address of the respective ‘Best Kani Salad.’
Step 3: When you click on the link ‘View Large Map,’ Google Map will open on your system/mobile screen with a large view. On the left side, you will also see the details related to the selected ‘Best Kani Salad’ like- Address, Closing Time, Website Address, Contact Number, Directions, etc.
Step 4: By contacting the contact number given in the description of ‘Best Kani Salad,’ you can find out whether there currently exists ‘Best Kani Salad’ at the given place or not.
Step 5: Once you are sure that the ‘Best Kani Salad’ selected by you exists at the location shown on Google Map, then you can easily reach that ‘Best Kani Salad‘ with the help of Google Navigation.
Read Also:- Easy Step to Find Breakfast Burritos Near Me
Find out about the online ‘Best Kani Salad Near Me’?
You can get information about ‘Nearby Best Kani Salad’ with the help of Google Search Engine. If you want to search ‘Best Kani Salad Near Me’ with the help of the Google search engine, then follow the steps given below-
Step 1: First of all, open any one browser on your mobile phone or PC system. In the browser, type ‘google search engine.’ Open the Google search engine by pressing the Enter button.
Step 2: Type ‘Best Kani Salad Near Me’ in the search box of the Google search engine and click on the search icon. If you are using a mobile phone, then, first of all, turn on the location option on your mobile phone.
Step 3: As soon as you click on the search icon, all the results of ‘Best Kani Salad Near Me’ will appear on the screen. The results shown here will appear along with the distance. Here you will see information about the distance and address of ‘Nearby Best Kani Salad’ and the status of ‘Best Kani Salad.’
Step 4: To access ‘Closest Best Kani Salad’ from the google results for ‘Best Kani Salad Near Me ‘, select ‘Best Kani Salad’ which you want to visit.
Step 5: In the given Google results, you will also see the link of ‘Direction.’ Click on the ‘Direction’ link to access the location of ‘Best Kani Salad Near Me.’
Step 6: When you click on the ‘Direction’ link of the respective Best Kani Salad, Google Map will open with the selected location. Here you will see the complete route. Now you can use ‘Nearest Best Kani Salad’.
About Kani Salad (kanikama sarada)
Kani Salad, a Japanese seafood salad, is full of contrasts in textures, tastes, and colors. It’s also known as Kani Salad in the West. However, the imitation crab meat used in the dish is called Kanikama by the Japanese. In Japan, however, the dish is known as Kanikama Sarahda (kanikama rasa).
Kani is Japanese for “crab,” and kama is shorthand for kamaboko, a traditional Japanese fish cake. Kanikama, although it has the name “crab,” is made from white fish like cod or pollock. Although there is some controversy over the origin of kanikama, it was developed in the mid-1970s to be a new type of kamaboko with a similar texture and taste to crab meat. This combination of crab sticks and mayonnaise makes a salad that has been popular since the beginning of kanikama.
WHY DOES THIS RECIPE WORK?
- The Japanese term Shiomomi refers to salting vegetables to extract water. This removes excess water, which prevents the vegetables from becoming soggy. It gives vegetables a crunch, similar to pickles.
- Glass noodles add texture and bulk to the salad.
- Combining Japanese mayonnaise with lemon zest/juice makes a creamy yet refreshing Kani Salad dressing.
KANI SALAD INGREDIENTS
- Crab Sticks – Crab sticks, also known as kanikama, are imitation crabs made with surimi (fish paste), seasoned, and shaped into sticks that look like crab meat.
- Cucumber- Sliced cucumbers add a crunchy texture to the Kani Salad after being salted and squeezed. I recommend using thin-skinned, seedless cucumbers like Persian, Lebanese, and Japanese. You can also use hothouse or English cucumbers, but you’ll need to remove the seeds with a spoon before cutting them.
- Carrot- Julienned carrots give the salad a crunchy texture and natural sweetness.
- Glass noodles- These transparent noodles are made of starch and can also be called cellophane noodles or bean thread noodles. These noodles have a smooth texture and add volume to the salad. You can substitute boiled shirataki noodles for a lower-calorie option.
- Toasted black sesame seed – The salad is visually contrasting with the black sesame seed. They also add an intense flavor and poppy texture. However, toasted white sesame seeds can be used as well. They will not have the same color contrast.
- Scallions- Chopped scallions add a mild onion taste to the Kani Salad. It’s a great complement to the savory crab sticks. A little bit of the dressing is also good to keep on hand for garnish.
- Mayonnaise- I recommend Japanese mayonnaise-like Kewpie. It is more acidic and umami-rich than American mayo making it a great choice for this salad.
- Lemon- The lemon zest and lemon juice are added to balance the creaminess in the mayonnaise. This keeps the salad from getting too heavy. Kani Salad also has a fresh, lemony taste. This helps to smooth out any crab stick fishiness. If you don’t have any lemons, rice vinegar could be used.
How to Make Kani Salad at Home?
To draw out excess water, you must first toss the cucumbers and julienned vegetables with salt. The dressing will prevent the salad from becoming soggy. It will also give the vegetables a crunchy texture. These vegetables should be allowed to sweat while you prepare your other ingredients. You can speed up the process by massaging the vegetables with your hands until they turn translucent. Grab the vegetables with your hands and squeeze out as much water as possible.
Next, soak the glass noodles in boiling water for at least 30 minutes. It depends on the thickness of your noodles, but mine took 7 minutes to cook. After they are cooked, drain them and rinse with cold water. Before adding to the Kani Salad, squeeze out all excess water from your hands.
You will need to cut the crab sticks into small strips by hand. It takes some time, but this is the fastest and easiest way. Roll the sticks between your fingers, using moderate pressure. The sticks will fall apart, and you can sever the ends with your fingers.
Toss the shredded crab sticks, black sesame seed, scallions, and mayonnaise in a bowl. Use a Microplane to zest half of a lemon over the salad. Then, cut the lemon in half lengthwise and squeeze some juice over the salad. You know how much lemon juice you use, but I typically add two teaspoons.
Mix everything until the ingredients are evenly distributed. My Kani Salad is best served on lettuce leaves with extra chopped scallions.
VARIATIONS IN KANI SALAD
This recipe is flexible enough to allow you to substitute other vegetables such as corn kernels or julienned daikon. You can also make Spicy Kani Salad with sriracha and black pepper. You can add mango or pineapple to the dressing for an extra sweet touch. You can add fish roe like tobiko to give it a poppy texture.
JAPANESE SALAD RECIPES
- Seaweed Salad
- Wafu Salad
- Sesame Spinach
Must Read:- 3 Easy Way to Find Sally Beauty Near Me